• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Broke Vid card Setting up asus MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woozy

Like the thread says, late last night I had the idea to take the old system and plug in the new MB. I should have waited until I got a new HD and Windows XP. MB could not find IDE drives, something with the fast track. I was able to get into the bois number of times to get it all working. For some strange reason restarting the computer so much I think I killed my 6800 GT. This is what was happening I would start that computer and you can hear it go threw the boot system but the screen was black. I did this number of times got the same result. I dont have another vid card to be 100% so gunna have to wait til I get all the other componets. And I can put my main computer back to it old self again. Right after windows loads I get black screen without the vid card being installed. I get the scrolling blue thingy with the word windows on top of it right after that loads u suppose to get the log in screen. I get nothing but black. But I thought it was HD problem I plugged in the Vid card and the system would not even load up or boot. Just get black screen and hear the fans lights turn on that all. So I figured I made a big accident. Now I'm stuck with 600 mhz 4 year old Laptop that mind you is very very slow. Fun for me. :bang head :bang head

Last edited:
What is the size of the power supply. Btw before posting something you should really re-read what you wrote and check for error's, cuss i had to read over what you said 3-4 times before i understood anything

If 100% I damage the videocard in someway shape or form. I took my bothers computer. Install the video card into it and the system does not even boot. His fans turn on and that is it. I unistall the card the computer turns on fine. So I gotta call eVGA tomorrow to get a new one. Now I will have time to get the other computer parts I need. Sorry about the mispelled words and the messed up sentences. It been long 24 hours.

Back