• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 pro and 2001-2002 mobos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Magnus

as listed in my sig, i had a prob with my 9800pro when i threw it in the pentium comp... it stopped booting after the black winxp screen, would hang on vid card.sys in safe mode, and wouldnt even load off boot cd new install. i thought this was specific to my 8iexp, turns out my friends 8inxp has the same prob.. funny thing is, his only wouldnt boot with 4.9 cat. go figure.. anyways, mine beat it with the newest bios upgrade.. on his, we tried the newest bios but came up empty handed. needless to say i think the older gigabyte boards will not last the test of time like my 8k3a+!

yah.. infact we did get his goin again with 4.6 cat, but we had to yank his card, boot, then put the card back in. why reseting the bios didnt do this for us.. i have know idea!

Back