• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FyreDaug

I'm a complete and utter moron. Yes this is meant to be a new thread, so I'm not being a moron for that. But guess what!

When I built my system I looked at my board, and must have been wasted at the time, because the color coordination didnt even work on me. The way the ram was grouped (as usual) is 2 on 1 side and a little space, then 2 more right? Well I figured for dual channel to work, screw using the 2 blue or the 2 black spots. I'll put em side by side. And CPU-Z didnt get me, it said SINGLE but I figured it was an error on CPUZ's side.

So as I'm tweaking my ram for the last 1.5 hours and getting ****ty results I figured I'd switch the sticks around. And low and behold got 1.95x the result I did last time. 4800+mbs.

Feel free to shoot me now as I tweak PROPERLY at ****ing 4am.

Ahem, sorry. Carry on with your lives now.

FyreDaug said:
I'm a complete and utter moron. Yes this is meant to be a new thread, so I'm not being a moron for that. But guess what!

When I built my system I looked at my board, and must have been wasted at the time, because the color coordination didnt even work on me. The way the ram was grouped (as usual) is 2 on 1 side and a little space, then 2 more right? Well I figured for dual channel to work, screw using the 2 blue or the 2 black spots. I'll put em side by side. And CPU-Z didnt get me, it said SINGLE but I figured it was an error on CPUZ's side.

So as I'm tweaking my ram for the last 1.5 hours and getting ****ty results I figured I'd switch the sticks around. And low and behold got 1.95x the result I did last time. 4800+mbs.

Feel free to shoot me now as I tweak PROPERLY at ****ing 4am.

Ahem, sorry. Carry on with your lives now.

LOL... you havent lived till youve turned on the prommy and then 1-1/2 hrs later turn on the rig.its the best way i know of to completely ruin a modded out ic7. :beer:

Back