• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Divider Vs 1:1 sync with cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shuRe

Im curious at which is best. I am soon to o/c my a64 3200 (newcastle), but dont know wether it is best to have a divider and really push my cpu or have the mem frequency high, with slacker timings and have it running at 1:1 with fsb.

I dont plan on pushing the cpu fsb past 230, seeing as i have no pci/agp locks, so max o/c will be 230x11 if i can get there

Any help would be appreciated.

I had an A7V600 which didn't have PCI lock and it wouldn't go above 400FSB. If your RAM runs at 400FSB then it's probably a good idea to run 1:1 at 400FSB.

I could be wrong but I don't think increasing the FSB on the CPU and leaving the RAM at 200 will give any more performance. If cpu is at 230 and ram is at 200 i'm pretty sure the FSB will still be 400FSB. The only thing it might help with is getting a particular speed for your CPU.

From your sig you have good RAM and CPU which would probably do 230+ without mods with a mobo that has PCI lock. This would definetely improve performance and give you something to play with:p The NF7 is great but make sure to read the forums...

Back