• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sudden Death of p4c800e-d?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MikeyLikesItSI

Anybody have any problems with their p4c800e-d's just stop working? i wasn't overclocked very high, and certianly wasn't over volted. My comp locked up in windows xp (had been running stable for weeks at 235fsb), i reset and jumped into the bios, where it locked up again. I hit reset one last time, and it wouldn't post, or display anything after that. i reset the bios with the jumper, nothing. I removed the battery, and power cord for awhile. still nothing when i tried again. I RMA'd the board, but has anybody else had a similiar experience? (revision 2 with a water cooled prescott CPU on it)

nope not me

sorry to hear about that bro :eh?:
how hot was your cpu running? I was just wondering if you cooked the board on the inside! I dont know just throwing something out there ya know. :cool:

peace.

P4C800-E Deluxe
Northwood 2.8ghz@3540mhz-default volt core

When ever you take out the battery cut off all power and you have to leave it alone for, I say 24 hours.

on-one33: The chip ran at 235 fsb, 1.5 volts, water cooled at 115 f MAX. 110 avg (Depending on ambient temps). I don't think its something i did cause it was always stable. But then again, i'm sort of a newb

NoteUser: Really? My intel board responds pretty quick. i figured if you removed the batt and A/C If you flicked the power button it would drain all the caps.... Oh well. I RMA'd it, hope i get it back soon.

EDIT: I had just put a zalman northbridge cooler on (took mobo temps down 10 F !!) and thermal epoxied the old heatsink to the southbridge. I also ramsinked all the mosfets on the board for extra protection. 36 hours later it went poopie. :-(

Back