• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Bios == Awesome

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

feyd83

I'm finally seeing some results on the mem in my sig :clap:
Before I could barely get it past stock. I finally decided to try a new bios, D26 Splitfire, and I my BH-5 is kicking. 230 Mhz 2-2-2-11 @ 2.9v so far without any errors. Can't wait to see how far it goes :attn: :attn:

On manda ray 26, my ram maxes 225, I believe, 2.9 2-2-2-11. It does 230-235 at 2.9 2.5-3-3-11 depending on if it's a good day or a bad. Both are cpc-disabled.

feyd83 said:
I'm finally seeing some results on the mem in my sig :clap:
Before I could barely get it past stock. I finally decided to try a new bios, D26 Splitfire, and I my BH-5 is kicking. 230 Mhz 2-2-2-11 @ 2.9v so far without any errors. Can't wait to see how far it goes :attn: :attn:

that will be a sweet overclock if you can keep it stable in prime..... I found the D26 Splitfire to be one of the best bios with BH-5. But i was using a gig so the best I could get with the cpc on version was 218.

cpc is off with this one, I'm actually seeing a pretty good performance increase though. It no longer takes hours to finish the first test in the prime95 torture test. :D

i hope you're just being funny... the first section of the prime95 blend test should take just about 20 minutes.

I'm not :-/ I've had it fail @ 45min and still be on test 1. I've had it running longer, but I got the blue screen of death.

do you have some type of "ram-cleaner" running? it does that if you're using that kind of software... I have to disable mine when I start priming.

ram-cleaner? I was just shocked when I started my centrino priming and it blazed through a bunch of tests bf my amd even finished the first one. New bios definitly has made my ram rock-solid stable though.

Are there other programs running while Prime is running? If I forget to turn off F@H before I prime, it can take forever to get through the first section of Prime.

That'll do it. Just kill F@H before running prime. It will help anyway, because there is a good chance that you will corrupt the F@H data anyway. It's happened to me several times, and I lose a good WU. It will start up after you restart you computer anyway, so you don't lose that much.

I've got F@H running along with prime95 to help test for stability, I'm not going for speed.

It won't help. I've run F@H for days on a setting that would fail 3DMark in seconds. F@H just plods along like nothing is wrong. It will just keep Prime from hitting tests that will stress your system more, and just keeps it at Test 1 or 2......

Ok, I just flashed to the Splitfire D26, and now it won't let me specify my own multi/FSB speeds... I had to choose (133)1800. How do I fix this? (And the chip is NOT multi locked)

Doesn't this belong in the Abit section? Unless we've found a way to flash the firmware on memory modules...:p

I wasn't sure, I'm just really really happy with my BH-5 that I thought was crap :clap:

Back