• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New system , how do I transfer my internet favorites?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hughhefner

Playboy Wannabee
Upgrading to a new system, Both old and new hard drives have Win XP pro.

How do I transfer my internet favorites to the new system?, I will have the old hard drive installed on the new system.

I use internet explorer.

open IE file- Import and Export - this opens a window, click next highlight export favorites - next, highlight the favorites you want to export, next, and then export it to a file at a place of your chosing, copy it to a disk or the other drive, and then import them using the same procedure

In addition to this thread, I also see you are asking to do the same thing with email. You can do everything at once by going to start/all programs/accessories/system tools/files and settings transfer wizard. From there, it's a walk in the park.

In addition to this thread, I also see you are asking to do the same thing with email. You can do everything at once by going to start/all programs/accessories/system tools/files and settings transfer wizard. From there, it's a walk in the park

THe problem is that I have the old hard drive IN my new computer, with the file and settings transfer I'm not sure what folder(s) to point at on the old drive.

Files and settings transfer lets u choos where u want ur backup stored (another disk if u will). From the new computer just browse to that place from the files and transfer wizard and its done.

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Favorites

That should be the location of your favorites if you use windows exlplorer. The drive letter may be different.

A couple of other locations you may need:

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{A very long number}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

To get your Outlook Express database.

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents

My Documents folder

Back