• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest86+ errors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rack04

While waiting for my NF7-S to return from RMA I decided to run memtest86+ to test my ram. Since I didn't have my main rig I just plugged them into my old ECS K7S5A Pro mobo which defaulted the ram to 133MHz. This system was run with an AMD T-Bird 1.33GHz (10x133). After an hour I got 10 errors in test 5. Can anyone explain what would cause these errors? Should I RMA the ram because of errors at 133MHz? Thanks.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I find the question interesting. I'm posting here to bring this back near the top so that hopefully someone else will be able to provide some input.

It could be the board and bios. I just learned that my ram is barely stable @ stock with a D10 bios on my NF7-S, but it's screaming @ 230 with a D26 bios. I'd wait till your NF7-S gets back and try it on there with different bios.

feyd83 said:
It could be the board and bios. I just learned that my ram is barely stable @ stock with a D10 bios on my NF7-S, but it's screaming @ 230 with a D26 bios. I'd wait till your NF7-S gets back and try it on there with different bios.
isn't that a matter of 1T or 2T??? some bios disables the CPC automatically, which will give you huge boost for double-sided memories but there are also a huge hit in performance.

The motherboard only supports up to DDR266 ram. I had the same problem with a 845PE motherboard using Corsair 3200. I got memtest errors but the memory was fine in a 865PE motherboard.

Back