• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ai7 problem... help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

azianese

hi, i ran into a problem with my ai7 after installing my watercooling. I originally had the system installed and running off of stock cooling a couple of month ago and then took it all apart again and now I got my water cooling up and running and my computer won't post. Looking at the motherboard, the post code that I got was 25 stating...

"Early PCI Initialization:
-Enumerate PCI bus number.
-Assign memory and I/O resource.
-Search for a valid VGA device and VGA BIOS, and put it into C000:0"

The thing is, I don't know what it means... except possibly the last one... which I guess means my video card is dead....

Welllll..... I'll admit it now. Some water got on my video card but NOT when it had power going through it. I was informed that it wouldn't matter as long as there was no power and you waited a couple of days. I'm freaking out here. Watercooling has become a major pain and if this really happens I'm about to just take a hammer and break my whole computer. Someone please tell me what this means or any possible solutions. I just hope it is something small like not giving any power to the video card (which I didn't do at first... but that didn't fix the problem anyways).

Try "washing" the videocard.
A friend got just a couple of drops on his card, and even after the card was dry it artifacted like crazy.
We removed the fan and heatsink and washed the card with alcohol (I don't know the exact english name for it, but something similar to alcohol) and blew it clean with compressed air. Then into the oven for 15 minutes at 50C.
The card worked perfectly afterwards.

Before that, I would try to lend an other AGP card to see if that really is the problem though.

Well, I thougth of the cpu fan thing at the time but that didn't seem to help much but I may as well leave a fan in there. I just got a spare agp card from my friend so I'll test that out now

Ok, well I just put in another agp card and I got it to work so it is definitely video card related. How exactly do you do the alocohol bath?

1. Remove the fan and heatsink.
2. Pour a litte alcohol over it and blow it of with compressed air.
3. Repeat step 2 a couple of times.
4. Put it in the oven (NO MICROWAVE!) on lowest possible temp for 10-15 mins.

This will void your warranty, and I can not guarantee success. I've done it myself two times on a Radeon 9800 Pro, and one time on a Ti4600 and both cards works without a hitch now.
I also recommend you to use AS5 or similar thermal grease while you've got the HS+Fan removed.

crap.... yeah the whole alcohol bath didn't work and I guess there is little to no chance of me being able to return it... %)(*@& %)(*&

Note that my comp doesn't start up anything at all. THe monitor fails to pick up any signal at all. Could this really be because of water or something? I know the video card is atleast semi working because I feel heat coming from the core.

Back