• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best cpu benchmark?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaydog

Hey guys, My vid card is s**t(see sig...or avitar). I still like to oc for fun. My question is what do you guy's think is the best benchmark for just cpu/mem. I cant really use 3d mark or some of the others cause it is petty much only used as a gaming bechmark. I have used cpubench2003 but it doesn't seem like to many others are using it. So its hard to find others to see if my oc is good.

just for kicks my 3d mark 01 score - ha ha 700 ha ha.

If you use it post your scores please.

Thanks I have used prime as a bench before but didn't really like it. There is no info on bandwidth or any other details, I only like prime to test stability, thanks though.

Sandra by SIS is the bomb!!!! Gives you real world specs and has dozens of tests, even a comparison chart vs other cpus, chipsets etc....

I ran sandra, CPU arithmetic bm.

I got Dhrystone ALU 10448MIPS
Whetstone FPU 4154MFLOPS
Whetstone iSSE2 7531MFLOPS

Very confused. What does that mean? No Points. Plus the bars are full. What kind of benchmark lets you fill the bars? I'm sure it's a good bm prog cause I hear people talking about it, I think I just don't know how to use it. More reading for me.

I ran cpubench(12000) and meta burn(got 3600) and my L1 cache on both read 0, does this happen to everone else, because I though that it would get that info automaticaly

Back