• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BH-5 or TCCD for DFI nf3 250gb ut

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got the OCZ Platinum Rev.2 in my Lanparty UT right now. Only had one day on the weekend to play with it. Single stick set at 2.5-4-2-10 288x10 combined with my 3200 DTR Claw, and a modded x800pro came up with a 29K score on 3Dmark2001. I can bench with that stick at 300HTT 1:1 at those same timings which is much more than I expected, even though I had seen similar results at Anand's review of the memory. I just thought OCZ had sent some "special sticks". My second stick looks like it may be topping out at 296 at those same timings. I plan to run them in a pair and hopefully will be able get them in a pair running at 280.

I also have some HyperX 3000 and Mushkin Promo 2-2-2 that I have to test on that board with the new bios. I don't expect either set of sticks will provide as much performance as well as the OCZ, but I will give it a try next weekend. I'll post my results in the DFI section of the motherboard threads.

OCZ's version of the Samsung TCCD seem to be doing better than their competition's sticks with the same Samsung TCCD. They say they have a better binning process. I dunno, but they do seem to run as advertised/reviewed. :) I'd stick with the memory in your sig until more information becomes available.

Back