• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question for people with p4c800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

veryhumid

the stock voltage for my chip is 1.55, when I have that I get a 1.54 approx. reading in the bios. but in windows, when the cpu is idle, it is usually 1.58-1.59, which dips to 1.50 at full load. so is running at idle going to damage my chip? I use it for folding, so it is usually at full load, but i don't plan on always folding, i am just using that as a test for my overclock. what do you guys think? what idle voltage do you have when you set your board to 1.55?

When it is running at 1.58-1.59 idle it is cool, then when it goes under full load the v core goes down to 1.50 stay cool and not overheat. If that how I understand it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

huh, I never looked at it that way. I am pretty sure voltage drops from idle to load are just due to inefficiencies in the power supply system on the motherboard, probably because of the great amount of current required to run a processor at full load.

dont worry it normal. I got mine set at 1.6v in th bios. At idle with mbm it's 1.63 and under load its 1.55.

Intel specs this voltage droop with 865/875 mobo's but there is a mod. Check out the sticky here.

Back