• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI 875B questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krazykongo

i hav bought this mobo and also bought some kingston hyper x pc3200 ddr400 ram to go in ther.wen i was setting up i couldnt get the ram to set to ddr400 it would only let me choose ddr333 or below.can somebody please tell me why?

if it is my FSB not running at a high enough speed then can u please tell me if i can clock my processor to make the fsb run at 800mhz. how would i clock it?

the multiplier ratio thing started off at 8x then after i changed a few things it changed to 23x and i cant get it back to the lower number.i heard that the lower the number the better.is that true?

my system

im using a

pentium4 3.06ghz processor
1gb hyperx pc3200 ddr400 ram
DFI lanparty pro 875B mobo
nvidia 6800 gt (will b gettin x800xt soon)

krazykongo said:
im using a

pentium4 3.06ghz processor
1gb hyperx pc3200 ddr400 ram
DFI lanparty pro 875B mobo
nvidia 6800 gt (will b gettin x800xt soon)

Your proc works off of the 133 multiplier, not the 200 multiplier. So your motherboard is going to adjust the Bootstrap accordingly. You won't boot into the 800 bootstrap wich is what DDR400 needs in order to be 3200 mem. Your proc will use the 533 BS.

Here, this link talks about your proc.

http://www.beyond3d.com/reviews/intel/p4306/

increasing FSB

is ther anyway of clocking the FSB to 800mhz so that i can use my ram to its full potential of ddr400.it seems a shame to spen that much money on the ram modules when i cant use them fully.

is ther anyway of increasing the FSB other than changing the processor?

Yes. Just start raising your FSB number. It's prolly at 133 right now. Read the stickies here on the forum on overclocking your rig. As you raise your fsb, you will speed up your proc and speed up your mem. You may actually get your mem higher then DDR400. As you raise it, your rig might get unstable. Just raise your CPU and/or mem voltage a small tad. But watch your temps.

little of topic ..

why you getting a x800xt where is there is no big diff between it and your 6800 gt better get a 6800 ultra

the gt was my friends, was just borrowing to see if everything was ok, as i dont know when my x800xt is arriving.

Back