• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a simple password program.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shrinkydinx

weekends often bring drinking partying and rowdiness to my house, and since my computer & stereo are in the living room, they are used for music. i have the problem, though, of people ****ing with my comp and changing songs and going on kazaa or whatnot, and id like to set up a simple password prog to stop that from happening. and since i often play music videos, i would like this program to not hide active programs, just disable the keyboard & mouse really.

suggestions???

Un-Plug the keyboard and mouse for your parties, create a track of music you want played...Then do "auto shuffle"...Should you need to change something, simply get your keyboard and or mouse from hiding and plug them back in...After all, who brings a keyboard and mouse to a party on the off chance their friends computer will be lacking these?

yeah, i was looking for something more convenient than stashing them in an upstairs room, but i guess itll be ok.

...glad to have wireless both :)

or just switching users if you got xp, music will still play and it will be all good. Or just unplug them lol. Think, if you lockt the keyboard then how are you going to type in to unlock it lol.

Back