• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need the name of a peice of software. maybe one of you knows =)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SIBUK

Registered
Hello, at my last place of work they used to install all software automatically across the network and they used a special program to do it..

What they would do is run this program, and it would scan the hard disk and save an image, then they would install whatever other software package they wanted on the machine and configure all the settings and stuff exactly how they wanted it, then the program would scan the hard disk for a second time and it would compare the first image with the second one and document every single change that had happened on the harddisk since the first scan was made, and store it in a file. Then, they could simply upload this file to a server where it could be executed from any machine on the network and it would immediatly install the software, complete with all configurations, settings, files, registry entries, everything exactly how they wanted it! all in 1 go without even a question asked.

At the time I thought I would never have any use for it, but now I do, and I cant remember what it was called! Anyone know?

Back