• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair xms 3200 cant go above 2 CAS Latency??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shuRe

I am currently o/c my a64 3200+. I have it at 2.4 from 2.2 with a fsb of 220 and multiplier of 11. My ram is running 1:1 as i heard this gives the best performance with a64's

The prob i have is that i need to relax the mem timings so that the mem is stable at 220mhz. I have tried slackening the other timings from 2-2-2-5 (when it was at 200mhz) to 2-3-3-7 (220) and above but cant get it stable because the CAS is at 2 and whenever i change it to 2.5 or above my comp freezes and i get an awful loud hissing from my speakers. I have tried changing the ram timing in both a program in windows and in the bios. btw i have upped the ddr voltage to 2.8 (highest mobo will let me go)

This is my 1st time o/c mem so please dont swamp me in words i wont understand.

Thanks for the help.

I'm not sure why it won't let you loosen your timings but have you tried to up the vdimm (voltage to the RAM)?

once again the info is in the 1st post, but the mobo will only let me go up to 2.8 :/

should i up the voltage of the motherboard?

thx for help btw, its seeming that other people know about this prob a great deal

Last edited:
i think i solved it, it seemed to be Zonealarm (firewall) messing with comp again when i set it to startup on windows. I had probs when i installed sp2 but got update for Zonealarm and worked fine till now. its fine if i start it after i load up windows, but it just crashes comp if i run it at startup :/

shuRe said:
once again the info is in the 1st post, but the mobo will only let me go up to 2.8 :/

Whoops sorry about that. I'm glad that seems to have fixed your problem though I'm still curious about why you experience your particualr symptoms when you try a CAS of 2.5.

now my prob is fixed i have upped my fsb to 220, and running mem at 1:1 with it. I see you have the 2700 version of my ram and wonder what kind of timings should i expect?

Back