• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI 648f Neo OC'ing problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bojingles

I am having major problems with OC'ing my machine. For some reason I can barley get me 3.0c to 3.4GHz. Are there any suggestions to be able to get it higher. I know its not a heating isue because it satys around 108-111 F.
My specs are
intel 3.0C HT
MSI 648f Neo
ATI AIW 9800 Pro 128 w/ Zalamn heatsink
Maxtor 120GB 7200 8MB
WD 250 7200 2MB
NEC 16X DVD Burner
Memorex 52X Burner
Aspire 500W 12V Blue Aluminum Power Supply
1GB Kingston PC-3200
Enermax Full Tower Case

Hey, Welcome to the Forums :)

Okay, before I can make any recommendations for what to do I need to know two things...

1) What's your cpu voltage(vcore) and memory voltage (vdimm)set to in BIOS?

2) What are the timings on your Kingston ram (ex. 2.5-3-3-7) ?

If you could reply to those, then we can move on to actually troubleshooting your oc.

It looks like you have a nice setup, so it should overclock well.

Thanks,

Meatball

Okay, thanks for replying :)

In that case, try raising your vcore to 1.55V and then see if that helps your overclock. The fact that you made it to 3.4 gigs on stock vcore is pretty impressive.... at some point you'll have to increase your vcore to oc further.

Also, since your vdimm is 2.6V, try raising it to 2.7v for the moment just to make sure that ram is getting enough vcore..... it won't hurt it, most ram can take up to 2.8V with no problems.

If you do both of those, that should help you to oc a little further. What you should watch is your temps to make sure that they don't go over 58°C full load.

I still cant get it going past 3.4GHz and even then idle its about 116F and full load is about 132F(Doom 3 for about 1 hour :D )

Bojingles, Some MSI boards struggle with high overclocks when using 1 gig of memory , Try 512 and see if you can get past 3.4

Dave

Back