• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest86 - heard about it never used it - want to use it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devilscow22

OK i took my ram out of my XPC and put it in my dually to see if thats my problem. The ram seems to be working ok but i want to test it. I have heard people talk about and refer to memtest86 and would like someone to tell me what it does, how to use it and were to DL it. Thanks.

memtest86. Just download either the floppy version or CD-Rom version. create the bootable floppy/CD-Rom, boot off of it, and let it run for a while. 8+ hours is usually good.

it checks if there are any memory errors simply tells you if your memory works at overclocked speed or if your memory casues your system to have system problems, it doesn't mean that the system is stable if it passes mem86. Also you can get errors if overclocked cpu reach it limit. if anything fails mem86 after a month or two windows goes bad,

if you want to get click here Mem86

Back