• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Couple of problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grov

Disabled
Hey guys.

Well i uninstalled 4.10 betas and installed Catalyst 4.9's back. I uninstalled properly, then ran driver cleaner, etc.

My PC, won't let me uninstall the drivers for my monitor, or install em over the top. it says:

Error 1603 Fatal error during installation
Consult windows installer help (MSI.chm) or MSDN for more information??

WTF!!!!?!?!

And nothing seems to work when i type it in 'run' I wanted to strop some things coming up on startup, by using msconfig, but nothing happens, same if i type dxdiag. what the hell is wrong with that.

Have Service Pack 2, rest of specs in sig.

have you tried going into safe mode and removing the drivers for the mointer, or any other drivers??????

redduc900 said:
Scan your system for a virus/worm.

What would you reccommend thats free and easy to use, apart from AVG, as i don't like it.

Yeah ill try the safe mode thing as well, tar. Could it be SP2? The monitor driver thing has only just happened, and ive uninstalled and installed drivers for me x800 plenty of times.

Anti-virus programs/webistes are ****ing ****.

You have to sign up to loads of bull **** to get a truial version. I can never seem to find a link with a so called free dam version.

AVG is crap, i mdon't think it's ever found a virus before, when my pc was telling me i had one.

Back