• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU constantly running about 25%??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

way2ez4u

what kind of bug or stupid program would be taking about 25% of my backup computers cpu? Not sure if it's a service I accidently shut off or what. ran adaware, cwshredder and hijackthis(not sure what to do with that info).

hit ctrl alt del and see which process it is...

post your hijack this log too

Attach your HJT log to your post actually, don't post the log as plain text - there are enough sites allowing text posting of HJT logs, and it has caused enough damage to internet searches already. We should be able to figure out the cause from that probably.

also, if i stick a blank cd into the burner NAVAPSVC.EXE (norton autoscan) just goes overboard.

culprits:

1. spyware/adware
2. antivirus
3. bad hardware(use cpu to do the work because the hardware is poorly implemented)

Sorry I lost track of this thread, glad to hear you are problem free now. Make sure you get all the latest drivers from your hardware manufacturer's website, and you should be good to go. It would also be a good idea to install spywareblaster now to prevent many infections.

Back