• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Service Pack do you have installed for XP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What XP Service Pack do you have installed?

• None

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Service Pack 1

Votes: 134 28.9%
  • Service Pack 2

Votes: 309 66.6%
  • I scoff at Windows.

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

David

Forums Super Moderator
Poll requested by 9mmcensor.

If more than one machine, roughly what most machines use.

SP2 - to access my university network you all have to be running it now.. :(

SP1 on my main rig - SP2 on my Dads lappy which seems OK so far...

Man, you started this poll 3 days too late! :D

Been running SP1 up until 3 days ago when I got 3DMark05. 3DMark required DX9.0c, and I didn't want to bother d/ling it if I already had SP2 (with 9.0c) sitting on my drive.

My parent's comp is still SP1 though :)
JigPu

SP2 here no issues, although you would all have a ton less issues by disabling the windows firewall... that thing is so overaggressive it is rediculous. Haven't had one problen with it, other than the firewall but I use ZA Pro anyway.

SP2 on all 3 production machines, laptop and on all new builds. Windows firewall disabled on all but laptop, as I use hardware firewalls on all networks.

No problems whatsoever with SP2; I've installed it on about 20 customer's machines as well as those mentioned above.

All my machines are running SP2. The laptop is better with it since it has improved connectivity for wireless networks. Besides the TCP connection limit which can easily be negated SP2 is actually pretty good.

sp1... I had sp2 and found it to be annoying in that I didnt want to take the time to configure every little nuance. It ran fine but I just didn't like it. I have my own spyware, adware, virus protection, firewall etc. Plus I hardly ever D/L anything so I dont worry about it. My rig stays free of bugs with sp1. The leaner the better in my eyes.

Back