• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking of a new rig need some advice..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyberFed

Ok I'm thinkin about building a rig to replace my current one (see sig)

not sure where to post this so if this isn't an appropriate place please move it :)

heres what I am looking at and please feel free to make comments as to changes i should make ect..ect..

P4 3.2GHz 800 bus
asus p4c800 deluxe mobo
and 1Gig of Corsair CMX512-3700 512MB DDR466 PC3700 XMS Memory
cost $650 bucks from googlegear err zipzoomfly

I want to overclock at least to 3.6ghz (higher if possible of course)

does this sound like a good setup, i havent built a machine since i built my last p4 so it's been awhile and I'm laggin in whats quality and whats not.

Thanks guys :beer:

Might want to wait a month or so, let everyone else test the new P4 socket, and see what good it brings (read as: testing out, and getting rid of all the child sicknesses) If it turns out good, it might be a better shot, only due to more upgrade possabilities "later on".

Other then that i cant see anything wrong with your selected items.
B!

yeah i saw the new 775 chips, but I don't want to have to buy a new video card that is PCI express...do they make mobos that use 775chips but still use AGP? if so what asus model's do this (i only uses asus mobos) im so behind on my tech...been so busy with school and work..no time to play

how are the 775's holding up to OCin?

Back