• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4c800-e deluxe oc help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt_Horn

check my sig for setup, my oc is at 3.6 stable, and i cant get it to 3.7 and stable, it restarts randomly, my goal is to get to 4.0 when i do my water cooling, but my question is can anyone tell me how to get a more stable clock? it may have to do with my ram, but i dont know please help!

still no go with the switch...im kinda freaking out...im about to spend hella money on a wc setup, and im hoping that with that ill get better ocs, but i figured id be able to atleast push 3.7 on air

I assume the number '1536' after RAM in your sig means you're running 3x512MB. If so, though you may not want to, removing one of those sticks will definitely help stability. Just because the board is capable of managing 4GB of RAM and any number of combinations of lesser amounts doesn't mean it will hold a stable overclock with an odd memory configuration (3 sticks). You won't find too many sigs advertising memory configs other than 2x256 or 2x512 combined with high system clocks. That's not to say it can't be done, but your chances of a higher stable OC are better with 2 sticks. You may have also reached your CPU's stable limit, unfortunately. My recent 3.2C isn't a great OCing chip; while it will post at 4GHz, it's not stable at any speed over 3.8GHz regardless of vcore. Recent Northwoods have shown mixed results when OC'd; I haven't had any real winners myself. BTW, random reboots can often be cured with increased vcore, in case you haven't already tried that. Good luck.

I assume the number '1536' after RAM in your sig means you're running 3x512MB.

actually it means 2x512 (in slot 1 and 3) and 2x256 (in 2 and 4.) all of which is xms 3200.

You get a better OC with 2 sticks of ram. 2x256 is better than 2x512. but most peole like 2x512 as you have more memory avail to run your programs Also Is the PSU up to the task how many watts on the 12v rail. You may want to raise your vcore some. Make sure the last setting in the chipset numbers is 8 not 4. Also where does" Mess with best die like the rest" come from I went to a college in VT and that sounds like something we said.

Back