• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu-z

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jabz

Registered
I was using cpu-z to check my memory.
When i did i noticed on the SPD tab one slot reads 166mhz pc2700 and the other slot reads pc1200 at 75mhz.

Now i hope i didnt mess anything up i changed the slots they were in to 2-4 and 1-3 but same readings on same stick or slot.

any ideas why?

sorry

Abit ic7
kingston VR pc2700 2x256

windows xp pro.

Still lost pulled out one stick the front cpuz has it at 170fsb but when i look under spd tab it says pc1200 75mhz.

im runnin that same board lemme go try it.

well, I have matched 512's of samsung and its showing different spd timings for each, while not the same problem, definitly suspect that it may be an issue with this board and CPU-z as far as memory detection goes.

err wait.. that was the same prob.. :-/

Last edited:
when i run sandra the bandwidth benchmark i get 4026 top an bottom is 4024mb/s

it says im running dualchan and poth at same speeds

would my pc even boot in dualchan with one pc1200 an one pc2700?

well if it could run at 1200DDR then it might, but it cant, and definitly cant run the 2 sticks at different speeds

thnx for the info getting rdy to buy some new ram soon so this will do:)

I'm not sure if I've got the problem straight, but CPU-Z will display the SPD settings for ram at different speeds, for example, a stick of PC3200 can be displayed with timings of x-x-x-x at DDR 200, then timings of x-x-x-x at DDR 333 and timings of x-x-x-x at DDR266. This only shows what the programmed settings are should the ram be used in different mobos running at each of those default speeds, not that each stick is running at a different speed.

Take one of the sticks out and run only one and see if you continue to get two different SPD values. I think thats what you will find. Unless I misunderstood your question, I don't think you have a problem.

Back