• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gskill 2x512mb PC4400 unstable at 1T above 245mhz....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlo56

I bought a gig of the Gskill PC4400 2.5-3-3-7 TCCD (2x512)

used in a DFI 250gb with 9/12 modded BIOS
3400+ Claw CG 1mb
single channel

and at any memory clocks higher than 245mhz (DDR490) CPC 1T, regardless of timings, memtest looptest#5 gets thousands of errors around 96-97%
didnt matter what Vdimm...3.1V even

are the 754mobos really that incapable of 1T command rate when using 2x512mb of memory?

forgot to say that when i ran each stick by itself, they were fine, 275mhz (DDR550) memtest stable @ 2.5-3-3-6 2.7V 1T

but when running both sticks toghether in DC mode, cant get past 250mhz in 1T

You can't have DC with s754...Also you're oc might be limited due to the modules being double sided and usually with 512 sticks you use 2T.

double sided 512 sticks almost always start to go out above 240 at 1t on amd boards, it has something to do with the memory controller.

im sure these would rock in a dual channel P4 rig, as these sticks were tested by Gskill PC4400 in a P4 2.4C machine
also cuz P4 dont have to contend with the CPC stuff....just straight up bandwidth

darn A64 are bound by 1T limits....grrrrrrr :(

Darn, I didn't know that 754 mobo's don't run DC mem sticks that well and I just ordered my new rig! I was hoping to o/c the crap out of my mem..... Sigh, I guess I have to wait for nF4 mobo's to support DC in order to get the most out of my memory.

you can still OC, but just not with dual sticks of 512mb in 1T

I guess you can still OC the heck out of one stick 512mb, and still have a good gaming machine

Maybe you can express your displeasure to the MFG and get a trade to a 1GB stick. I had some Kingston RAM that just would not post in my old board and I called Kingston and the fed-exed me stuff that did, then I sent mine back to them.

i bought these from the digi4me yahoo store that was posted several threads down in the other Gskill thread in this forum

I'm not sure if it is a memory problem, as I was able to run each stick separately @ 275 with slightly better timings than rated @1T, and passed memtest test5 loop

I guess im just letting people know how these set of Gskill Samsung TCCD performed with a A64 CH, DFI 250gb 2x512mb 1T.....

maybe help them make a decision perhaps

Last edited:
I'd just go with 2T. It's what I do for everyday usage. Still provides blistering performance, very tiny in anything but Sandra.

nForce4 won't solve this problem. Only thing that will is AMD revising the cores.

Gautam said:
nForce4 won't solve this problem. Only thing that will is AMD revising the cores.

They already did.
With S939 the second channel of the iMC is finally enabled- and this helps a lot :)

jlo56 said:
I bought a gig of the Gskill PC4400 2.5-3-3-7 TCCD (2x512)

used in a DFI 250gb with 9/12 modded BIOS
3400+ Claw CG 1mb
single channel

and at any memory clocks higher than 245mhz (DDR490) CPC 1T, regardless of timings, memtest looptest#5 gets thousands of errors around 96-97%
didnt matter what Vdimm...3.1V even

are the 754mobos really that incapable of 1T command rate when using 2x512mb of memory?
is it the memory or are u maxing out the cpu??

Hmmm, we'll see tomorrow. I have a gig of Gskill pc4400 (2.5-3-3-7) coming tomorrow. I'll pair it with my FX-53 and see of I can get it past 245fsb on 1T.

Back