• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Browser advise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

I am a long time user of IE and I know it isn't very safe from what I read,but I just ain't that crazy about Firefox,so I was wondering about AVANT?
How safe is it I know it is an overlay of IE but does it still have the security problems of IE?
Also any advise on other browsers would be helpful also..

Thanks ;)

Avant is not a browser, just a new "theme" or "skin" for Internet Explorer. It has all the same flaws and security holes as Internet Explorer. Pretty much all those "Replacement browsers" for windows are just Internet Explorer under the hood. You have a choice between 4 different browsers mainly:

Internet Explorer (MSHTML)
Mozilla/Firefox (gecko)
Opera
Konqueror/Safari (khtml)

I would also recommend Mozilla or Firefox - both work perfectly for me and tabbed browsing rocks.

I like Firefox, using it now, but it does have trouble with some plugins. It's better than Netscape (garbage) and better than Opera (buggy, have to view ads to get free version).

Mind mentioning why you don't like firefox? If it's because you didn't like it in the past, they've changed a lot in the past few months- I remember I hated it back with .7, but now it's awesome.

just another firefox user here saying that there's nothing else as good.
why don't you like it?? what version did you try??

I guess I just got use to IE,but don't want any problems with worms,so I am going to stick with Firefox,it is a matter of getting use to it I guess,I have a bad habit of clicking on the E on my desktop:)
If it isnt safe then I won't use it..

Thanks for all the replies

Stick with Firefox, it's great!

If you haven't already, make sure you get the mouse gestures plugin, and the adblock plugin. There are bunch of other ones, but those two are my favorite. :D

The only thing that I like about Opera over Firefox is Opera's sidebar - you can hide/show the Opera sidebar by clicking the extreme left side of the screen. If there's a Firefox plugin for that, then I'm set. :burn:

Back