• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! Win XP SP2 internet connection problem!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magikeal

I have just installed SP2, but i can't seem to be able to connect to the internet :confused: has anyone else had this problem? i haven't got a clue what to do.

I have tried to uninstall SP2, and internet is fine, but with SP2 install there is no connection. PLEASE can someone help!

could be the firewall screwing up. I hate that thing. Never works right. Try disabling that, rebooting and seeing if the internet comes back

I reinstalled the driver, still not working!
I use broadband, its a 1mbps
I also tried to turn off the firewall and rebooted, still not working!

I'm running win XP pro

My system:
MSI K8N Neo2 54G Platinum
AMD 64 3500+
Maxtor SATA 200GB
ATI 9800XT
NEC 3500 DVD-R

Just so you don't feel bad, my buddy has the exact same problem and his friend had the problem as well. His friend said the problem went away after a week.

My buddy is 400 miles away so I couldn't checkout his computer, but I had him run ipconfig and try to ping...he had an IP addy and DNS, and he was able to ping yahoo...all 4 pings good and around 200ms but AIM, IE, and mozilla refused to connect?!?!?!

Back