• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mixed sticks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Camacho111

I need another 512mb for next weeks LAN. I already have 2 x 256 stick. So to save money I'm gonna buy an off brand with idential timings. I think I would need to run in Single channel mode.

Any thoughts, ideas, recommendations?

Get that stick of HyperX pc3200/512 from Outpost that people are talking about. Worst case, CH-5 which can do what you need, and best case BH-5, which is what people seem to be getting. It is $90, and you might be able to keep dual channel by having the 2x256 in the second channel dimms and the 512 in the first dimm.

cetoole said:
Get that stick of HyperX pc3200/512 from Outpost that people are talking about. Worst case, CH-5 which can do what you need, and best case BH-5, which is what people seem to be getting. It is $90, and you might be able to keep dual channel by having the 2x256 in the second channel dimms and the 512 in the first dimm.

Wow. I really sent sometime reading that outpost thread. Is it what you running right now?

I'm hoping I can run at 2-3-2!

I have 2x512 of Kingston HyperX KHX3200/512 BH-5 that I bought several months ago for much more than this, and I got 2x256 of KHX3200 from Outpost that are not installed. When I get my OCZ DDR Booster that I won over at XS, I should improve, but vtt tracking is really hurting me. Did you order this?

Back