• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.9V safe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
I'm running 2x256MB Geil PC3200 2.5-3-3 in the mobo below, and I'm running 220MHz FSB right now at 2.9V. Only way I can get it Folding stable. Would 2.9V be safe long term?

Also running 1T timings. Would 2T enable me to lower the voltage a bit, even perhaps in exchange for a bit more FSB?

yeah i don't think 2.9v will be harmful at all. once you get over 3.0 it becomes dangerous with certain ram.

I wouldn't think so. Ram loves voltage and keep it cool.

I have little heatsinks I made out of staples on my 133MHz PC-2100, I have been doing 200MHz on 3.2Vdimm for quite a while now with no problems. That would be PC-2100 made PC-3200 I guess :D

At the first sign of a decrease in ram stability, lower the voltage and speed, but it should be pretty safe.

you shouldn't have any trouble with 2.9v. i ran some pc2700 at 3.2v for about 2 months and it's still working perfectly

Back