• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

durf.... memtest-18 errors test 7 cycle 0 4mhz over stock 2.9v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnt by pat

This is odd. This is the first time I've ran memtest on the system. I have my sig system at 220 2-2-2-11 2.9 cpc-on and am getting the errors above. Is there any way of knowing an exact way to solve the problem or is it just I need more voltage/cpc-off bios. Perhaps just a fan blowing on them as they are out-of-case with no airflow around them and they got pretty toasty. I haven't even ran and cpu programs as I'm trying to find my max fsb...

2.9 ram 2-2-2-11 cpc-on dc
1.7 chipset
AMD 2200 (temporary) 200x5 1.575

durf.

pwnt by pat said:
This is odd. This is the first time I've ran memtest on the system. I have my sig system at 220 2-2-2-11 2.9 cpc-on and am getting the errors above. Is there any way of knowing an exact way to solve the problem or is it just I need more voltage/cpc-off bios. Perhaps just a fan blowing on them as they are out-of-case with no airflow around them and they got pretty toasty. I haven't even ran and cpu programs as I'm trying to find my max fsb...

2.9 ram 2-2-2-11 cpc-on dc
1.7 chipset
AMD 2200 (temporary) 200x5 1.575

durf.

yeah, more voltage might help, which bios u using?

is this a blue, or black slot board..?

i woudl try a single stick in slot 3(farterst from the CPU) with the setting you have above.

-Jess-

PS. are you using 1&3, or 2&3 for your DC?

black slot pcb revision .51
mantaray d26 xt cpc-on
1+3

I will try each stick at stock for ~24 hours over the weekend and see what happens. So you are thinking maybe a problem with slot 3? This is odd as I bought the board used and it was benched at 230 dc cpc-off stock d22(or 24 - I wiped it long ago) 2.9 - not sure if 2x256 or 2x512 like me. She'll be getting volt modded this weekend too (vdd and vtt), probably Sunday but I won't 'enable' them until I see what I can do on 2.9.

Does Mushkin still replace faulty ram - even if its out of production? It might be possible I have a bad stick but I've never had problems with them before, even upto 240. I've never run memtest either though.

1x512 slot 3 2-2-2-5 2.6 (lowest board supports) 216mhz
8:42:21 0 errors

I will try stick 2 in slot 3 - same settings for ~4 hours, then if it passes, either stick in slot 1 for four hours. If it passes, 1 and 3, if that passes 2 and 3, if that passes 1 and 2.

Back