• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ic7 Max Vcore now stable .......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Revolt26

Registered
I just discovered somethin rather interesting about my Ic7. Earlier this even i was expierencing vcore voltage fluctuation. I was setting the bios at 1.4875 and ending up with 1.425 on abit Eq and i went back into Bios and the voltage reading in there was 1.425 down to high 1.3 and back up it was rather bouncy. After awhile it got quite annoying so i went in and did some experimenting just to see if i can find the sweet spot. I found that changing the agp voltage from 1.55 to 1.50 made a huge difference in the stability of the Vcore. I noticed right away the voltage fluctuated a fraction of what it was doing before. The voltage is not adjusted to the exact number in bios it seems to be about .375 lower than the selected value.
Im not sure if this will work for everyone since there are a ton of variables but its definetly worth a try.

Revolt26 said:
I just discovered somethin rather interesting about my Ic7. Earlier this even i was expierencing vcore voltage fluctuation. I was setting the bios at 1.4875 and ending up with 1.425 on abit Eq and i went back into Bios and the voltage reading in there was 1.425 down to high 1.3 and back up it was rather bouncy. After awhile it got quite annoying so i went in and did some experimenting just to see if i can find the sweet spot. I found that changing the agp voltage from 1.55 to 1.50 made a huge difference in the stability of the Vcore. I noticed right away the voltage fluctuated a fraction of what it was doing before. The voltage is not adjusted to the exact number in bios it seems to be about .375 lower than the selected value.
Im not sure if this will work for everyone since there are a ton of variables but its definetly worth a try.

Do not trust the BIOS reading, Abit EQ, or MBM on voltages. (They all read from the same chip btw).
People report dead on voltages when meassuring with a multimeter directly on the board.

You also might wanna put heatsinks on the mosfets, the get really hot with prescotts.

Back