• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Picking Out An INTEL mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LordBritish

I have a P4 2.52Ghz chip, to overclock it i need to invest in some new ram and a new motherboard (because my current one is made by crappy dell)

what motherboard do you sugguest, i dont want to do any extreme overclocking, just trying to get it to 2.7 or 3Ghz maybe

Thanks
Lord British

lol if u want to get it to 3GHz u might need a little bit more than just basic cooling :)
2.7 shouldnt be too hard if u make space by moving cables over and channel hot air out by placing fans correctly...just some common sense shud get u to 2.7

watch ur temps tho. i bought a LCD display (10bucks @ compusa)
really really usefull ! my temp display on mobo was incorrect it showed fluctuations from 15c to 65c !! then the bios shutdown @ 70C would kick in
OUCH !!

LordBritish said:
I have a P4 2.52Ghz chip, to overclock it i need to invest in some new ram and a new motherboard (because my current one is made by crappy dell)

what motherboard do you sugguest, i dont want to do any extreme overclocking, just trying to get it to 2.7 or 3Ghz maybe

Thanks
Lord British
iether get an asus p4p sieres with ai technology or get just the p4c series
becuase they have got high performance without overclockong it
and they cost aroun 140 dolloars, if not than stick with an abit p4
bacuase theyre just about 95 dollars.

Back