• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Help !! Is it very good ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

what can i find out from numbers on my memory ?? or better yet maybe some of you already know.. how do i know if these are good modules ??

Samsung 211 512mb
K4H560838C-TCB3

Not too great for overclocking. Perhaps you'll have better luck with them than others.

TCB3 are usually PC2700 modules.

what would you like to know about them?

this may be un-answerable but .. what would you say is a typical overclock for pc2700 ? would 440 fsb be a good number ?

440? that would equal 220mhz, assuming 1:1 FSB:memory ratio. That would be an awesome overclock.

Typical overclocks for the PC2700 that i had (forgot to check what samsung chips) was around 185-190.

yeah its 1:1 .. really ..440 is really good ?? great to hear .. from 166(333) to 220 (440) .. im trying tio get higher but my desktop barton doesnt like it .. also trying to figure out timings for these is a real pain .. so many adjustments and test its driving me insane .. currently running 2.5 ,6,6,11 merlins bios cpc off.. seems to do quite better than the regular abit bios.. pleasantly pleased !!!

2.5-6-6-11??? wow....that is some very loose timings. I'd try something better like maybe 3-4-4-11 if you can get that to stick. Should give you better performance than your current timings.

yeah that was just what i bumped it back to to start stable then work my way tighter ..rather than start tight then loosen ...

how do you tell if its e or f ??

by the way so far my timings have increased.. at 440fsb they are currently 2.5,3,3,7 @ 2.7 volts ... ABIT NF7-S ver. 3.0.00 Fire Bpl 3.19 26.08.04 by -=Merlin=- cpc on. switched to that .....

also noticed a huge difference when i switched my ram to the right spots again .. i tested a different module and when i put my stuff back in i forgot that dimm slots 3 and were best for dual channel .. although 3 and 1 works but for me at least it doesnt work as well as 3 and 2..

Last edited:
Back