• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Switch Shorting? IC7-G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dannodirect

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem as discussed in this forum & thread:

http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47843&highlight=p160+ghost

I just bought a new motherboard IC7-G, I have an Antec P160 & a P4 3.0c. I know everything works because it was pretty much rock solid in my old motherboard (Gigabyte 8IK1100).

Random reboots, random shutdowns (hard shutdowns and also software shutdowns), random boot ups - this all leads to one thing, either the motherboard or the power switch.

Unfortunately, in the other thread there was no solution (none posted anyway) so is there anyone who's come across this problem with a solution?

At the moment I've unplugged all the switches (power, reset, hdd led, power led) and I shorted the Power switch with a screwdriver to get my comp running and also to isolate the problem. So far it's been a few hours without it crapping out on me so I'm pretty confident there's something wrong with the power switch.

This however didn't happen with my Gigabyte 8IK1100 so why would it happen now? Is there anything faulty with my board? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Any help is appreciated, and I thank you in advance.

I have the same board and case. I had the same problems. Eventually the board just stopped working, I RMA'd it and when i got the new one I installed it in the same and got nothing, fans spinning and the motherboard just wouldnt post. I took it out of the case and the board is dead. :( If abit sends me a new board im going to try it without the switch from the case first. Hopefully that works and Ill just put in a new switch in the case.

Back