• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x 256mb TwinMOS BH-5 vs. 1x 512mb KingMax DDR 500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ClayMan

Registered
I have a pair of TwinMOS DDR400 BH-5 that I bought a while back (don't even remember when, except they came out to ~$200USD) and from what I remember they are really kickass overclockers.

I'm building a machine for a friend right now (no need for crazy o/c's) and I have the option of getting a new KingMax DDR500 512mb stick and swapping the TwinMOS if I want to.

The question is, which should I keep? Which will reach higher FSB's at lower timings, disregarding the fact that I'd be losing dual channel if I go with the single KingMax stick... The TwinMOS is "rated" for only 200mhz, but I hear it can go up to 240mhz-250mhz with tight timings. Whereas, the KingMax is rated at 250mhz, but with crappier timings...

if there is no need for crazy overclocks, go with the BH-5, provided you have a motherboard which can supply good voltage to that BH-5 to keep tight timings (2.9v+ is good).

Know Nuttin said:
if there is no need for crazy overclocks, go with the BH-5, provided you have a motherboard which can supply good voltage to that BH-5 to keep tight timings (2.9v+ is good).

maybe i should clarify - there's no need for crazy overclocks in the new system i'm building for my friend. however i'd like to keep the better sticks for myself, since i like doing crazy overclocks ;) so which one should i keep?

Wow... Amazing how this almost-2-year-old piece of technology is still the best, especially in today's world!

Thanks!

Back