• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pretty Hose

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamie_bkc

I have this hosing which turns out to be perfect for water cooling, the one thing is, is that it has that woven string lining it, what I want to know is does this look ugly in a case? or does the string react with a UV light to make grrovy effects?

DSCF1784.jpg

I think I've seen that stuff used before. Generally it keeps the tube from kinking, but I don't know if it reacts with other stuff. Might want to check into what it will do if exposed to antifreeze or anyhting else going into your loop.
Just cut a small peice, dunk it and leave it there for a few hours and see how it's looking after that.

oh i'm not worried about the string reacting, it's actually embedded into the plastic so it won't interefere, i'm just worried it's gonna look crap.

I know, but then i'm only cooling the cpu so it's not like I have to bend it round the grakka or anything

jamie_bkc said:
I know, but then i'm only cooling the cpu so it's not like I have to bend it round the grakka or anything
Yea me too, but i got some clearflex to fix it. Also u know if you heat up the hose like so its kind gooie on the out side then bend it in the way u want it in the system, and allow it to cool it almost stays in that shape.

Back