• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4c800 deluxe need help oc new to this.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

00audia4

Registered
I have a p4c800 deluxe mob; 3.4 northwood, 2x512 geil pc4400.
The cpu is water cooled with temps around 30-35. I cant seem to get past the front side of 220 and even at 220 i cant run 3dmark 05 with out a blue screen. I have read diffrent bios setups on here and tried them and tried using ai over clocker. Please any help would be great. This is my first attempt an oc and not having to much luck.

thanks

we need more info, what kind of hard drive do you have..what are your voltages at the vcore, vdimm etc..what kind of video card do you have, what did you overclock it too...give us some more info and we might be able to see where the problem lies

you could just have a lemmon processor, not everything can overclock well. Also, run memtest on your ram, see if thats whats causing problems. And check your voltages, if your running 1:1, id go with at least 2.75v on ram, and up to 1.6v on processor, depending on how high you get the fsb to.

Video card 9700 pro
hard drive 80 gig westerdig.
at 210 front side were it is most stable my vcore is 1.6 my v dim is set on auto.
In manual mode I have tried.
Cpu 230
Dram 400
Agp 66.66/33.33
V-core at 1.6 to 1.7
V-dim at 2.85
performance: turbo
memory spd or
cas:3
ras:4
ras to cas: 4
dram 8
burst 8
Perfromance: Enabled
Dram Idle Infinate
Dram refresh: 7.8
64 agp.

Hope this helps this is just one of the settings I got off this site and tried but it didnt work.

I can boot at 220 but wont run hard.

thanks

I don't think it's his ram since its rated at 550mhz @2.6v and hes barely hitting 440mhz. Id have to say too low on the vcore..or he needs to lock the agp/pci frequency...might need some more volts on the vdimm, but unlikely until he start oc'ing the ram. I just think we need more info..did you try an oc on the cpu without an oc on the vid card, or did you just try and oc them both the first time out? We just dont know if it's the vid card failiing or infact its the cpu

I know for sure that board can do over 250fsb

but is the overclocking cpu problem independent of the video card..are you overclocking them both...if so put the vid card back to stock. and try your oc again..if the vid card is at stock and you still cant get above the 220fsb, then well try something else

Orka thanks for the reply. That is the guide I used to set it up. I still cant seem to get past 220 and be able to run 3dmark05.

try running memtest
http://www.memtest.org/

if while OCed the test will pass then it probably has nothing to do with memo.

if yu have a possibility try checking the behaviour of 12 and 5(V) lines while booting. may be OC caused unstability on this lines as a result of notGoogEnoughPSU.

set the performance mode in the auto free to diasble. In the chipset options set the performance mode to auto. Both of these will diasabe the feature. It caused my system to hang. I can only reach about 241 stable on the my 3200 rev 2 ocz. also you may want to make sure your power supply is up to the task.

Back