• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What will run with my 270 FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Circaflex

Well im gonna ask for some new memory for xmas and give my ram to my brother so he has dual channel. But im not sure what to ask for. What will run 1:1 with my 270 fsb and maybe even more, im not sure what the max is but im getting h2o soon and it might go further. Thanks.

What the deal with TCCD? I know it runs like low speed, tight timings, and OK timings at high speed...but how do you know if its TCCD? I want some 1:1 action with my P4 and I was thinking of some OCZ stuff...but I would like to know what TCCD is exactly and how you can tell if a given memory is it or not...would be nice if you could explain it.

Does into the 270's with 3-3-2.5 timings, and can occasionally break 300 with 4-4-2.5. There are actually plenty of sticks out there that use them. Corsair 3200XL, Kingston HyperX 3200, Mushkin Level 2 Rev 2, A-Data 566, PQI Turbo 2-2-2, and apparantly some very inexpensive Patriot memory.

Circaflex said:
yea what is tccd?

wow.... you folks must be new to the forums.... well you're in for a real treat.... this stuff is amazing... Samsung TCCD ics.... read all about.... now it comes in various flavors... OCZ, GSKILL, PQI, Corsair .... just about all the major brands have some now .

here is the PQI link... see what kind of ridiculous speeds people are reaching with it on all platforms.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=322406

hmm wonder if my hyperx is this tccd, i guess id have to take off the heatspreader to do this though eh?

so what would be an exact model name i could look up or go online to look at or show my parents so theyll know what im talking about? Thanks guys

thanks for the link but im still weary about taking my chances with some tccd pc3200 what would be something you guys recommend? Should i look into the new ballistix by crucial? maybe some pc4200? or pc4400?

You're best off with TCCD no matter what, period.

Unless you're giving god's own BH5 3.8v and have it at 270 2-2-2, but that's a different story....

Circaflex said:
thanks for the link but im still weary about taking my chances with some tccd pc3200 what would be something you guys recommend? Should i look into the new ballistix by crucial? maybe some pc4200? or pc4400?

If you plaster a sticker that says 19,475,550 on a tccd chip it is still a tccd chip.

Back