• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel 875P Chipset WB, recommendation?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sunrunner20

Masta Tweeka!
Im looking for a WB for my 875P NB, Just to knock out another fan while im in the process of WC'ing my system. I would Like to be able to put it in front of a White Water P4 water block. It would be nice if the WB isrelatively cheap, but money is the least of my priorities.

Well, that review confirms my mental image, unless somebody has a good reason not to use a MAZE4 chipset cooler, I am going to using it. Hopefully I can get enough money by christmass for my $360 WC system(current estimate) and a BFG 6800U w/ waterblock(bleh, 3/8ths so I will probally have to stick it on its own spilt off the main line.) Then I can sleep at nite, AND play video games.
:santa2:

Ok, It looks like I have a problem, It looks like it exposes the water to un-covered Al. Al, will screw with the rest of my system!! Anybody have a Maze4 and can tell me what part is Al?

If you are very worried about corrosion, get the Silverprop Nexus, I believe its all copper/brass, no alum. Also, look into the swiftech mcw50, it has annodized alum, but very little flow resistance.

Any Recomendations for a Passive heatsinc for a 875P Norhtbridge? (and leaks are NP, becuase of the nonconducitve fluid im going to use. it will just cost me the lost fluid and cleanup.)

for passive, get the zalman nb heatsink here, I think its got more surface area than any other chipset HS.

http://svc.com/zanoco.html

For active, either go with the swiftech mcx159-P, mircocool northpole, or thermalright NB-1C. The swiftech IS the quietest, and preforms just as well as the other two, but is a bit more expensive. The NB-1C would be alittle better, but much louder. Go with the swiftech if you want active nb cooling.

I too would have recommended not getting WC for your nb, but some people just have their hearts set on a WC'd NB, so I recommended the mcw50. But all in all, i'd just get a big passive hs or active air.

Back