• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4p800 dlx bios 1018 slow???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stiffler69

i just updated, u can see stuff in sig and my boot up seems to be longer it sits on that screen where it says hit DEL or tab to see post msg's it stays there for like a good 8-10secs. any ideas why?

well it gives you an option to press something.. del or tab to view the posts if ur rig is running right.. anyways, its not like u reboot ur pc all the time :) unless ur getting blue screen for too much oc'ing.. hehehe :D

I'm not sure about your particular version, but 1019.003 for the P4C800-E has an option to speed up HD detection. It's under IDE configuration on the first page. Options are Quick and Normal. This fixed the slow boot issue on the P4C800-E. I think Asus is making BIOS revisions for each model that has this issue.

KrisMCool said:
I'm not sure about your particular version, but 1019.003 for the P4C800-E has an option to speed up HD detection. It's under IDE configuration on the first page. Options are Quick and Normal. This fixed the slow boot issue on the P4C800-E. I think Asus is making BIOS revisions for each model that has this issue.

Yeh I noticed that it's getting "Stuck" on IDE detection, too bad the P4P800 doesn't have this option.

Tebore said:
Yeh I noticed that it's getting "Stuck" on IDE detection, too bad the P4P800 doesn't have this option.

i never had problems and im using P4P800 Dlx.. u sure ur hdd is not crapping out on u? :D

Tebore said:
Are you using the 1018 Bios? It's the BIOS for sure. Once flashed back to the 1014. It's fast again.

And all my harddrives are on the RAID controller.

nope, check my sig, im using 1019 the beta one.. its fast and im using raid too :)

i cant find the 1019 beta on the asus site under p4p800 dlx, can someone help?

LOL. I've noticed the .de site posts current bios's days ahead of the USA and Taiwan sites. Your options will still be in English :)

I had a big reply written, then I hit submit reply and poof server error. Ok so you are going to get hte short version reply now.

Bad 1018
Good 1019

+ new Asus Update Utility

Me Happy Now.

Back