• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what can i do with this memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scotty20857

I have ordered ddr2 667 corsair xms 512 modules. I will be using it with an amd fx53, what kind of overclocking potential does this have?

welcome to the forums.. sorry to say, as far as i know amd doesnt use ddr2 on their platforms.. only intel with the 915/925 chipsets. maybe one of the amd guys can elaborate further

What can u do ??

:)
...nothing...There is not any kind of mobo 4 AMD processors which support DDR2 memory...This big CPU and no matter of all !

I sure hope you gots a socket 939 FX53. At least that way you stand the chance of using that mem on a Nforce4. Otherwise you've wasted your money...

PS. The NF4 is only a maybe since the memory controller is on CPU itself.

uh oh! im in some deep $%!@, what would be the ideal memory for a 939 fx53 and MSI Neo Platinum nForce 250.......hopefully i can get it without any trouble, money isnt really an issue as long as its under 500 probably

I dont think the regular Neo Platinum will work with the s939 chip you have. You need the Neo2 Platinum. For the FX chip, I believe you need ECC Registered memory too.

Back