• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

am speed killing my fsb, causing crashes? Look here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryanmartini

i think my ram is making my computer crash, help please

i am having problems with my kingston hyperX. it is PC3200 or DDR400. I have only one cip with the 2.4 ghz celeron D with a 533 fsb. but when i ahd that setup it crashed in windows soooooooo much it was annoying. i talked to my stepdad in fla. , he is a big admin for a company down there and said with one stick i can only run the fsb of the cpu for the ram to be able to keep up. so my main thing is should i buy another stick of the hyperX and run it in dual channel, or will it still not let me use my 533 fsb =\ I thought tho having dual channel is like 2 x 400 fsb with ddr400 so id have a 800 fsb with dual channel ddr 400 capability? If my theories are all shot to hell please post some recommendations on memory. and i am NOT going to spend some redicuous amount on memory either.

specs are as follows:

abit IS7-E
Intel celeron D 2.4 w. 533 fsb
256m Kingston Hyper X A- series [BH-5]

thank you,

ryan

edit: right now i am having to rn my cpu at 100fsb x 4 =400 fsb and 1.8ghz, i hate this so please hep me out, thanx.

Last edited:
Back