• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ's Incredible customer service

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hughhefner

Playboy Wannabee
Just recently returned a malfunctioning set of 1 GB dual channel PC3500 Platinum Limited edition sticks. Bad news , they are out of BH-5 sticks but thats not news to anyone here.

The good new, they replaced them with the NEW Platinum Limited edition PC3200 Rev.2 2-2-2-5. Can't wait to fire these up, here's to OCZ and their great ram and even better customer service.

That's good to hear. I had a similar issue with my Corsair when I first bought it. Sent it back in and they sent me my replacement 2day air.

Good to hear about their good customer service. I too just got a pair of those 3200 plat. rev.2's I'm on my second pair, just RMA'd the first pair today that failed memtest at stock settings (2.2.2.5). The second pair have passed memtest with stock settings but failed at 210fsb using 2.2.2.10 @ 2.8v. Not lookin' too good :(, trying 2.3.2.7 now. Hopefully, things will turn out ok.... being optimistic.

Man.... these OCZ 3200 ver.2's barely match my 3200XL's for fsb. Definately not what I expected, second pair too :(.

The amazing thing to me is that they did NOT ask for a receipt, just when and where I purchased the ram. The obviously checked the ram to make sure it indeed was Genuine , they promptly 2nd day air'ed out the replacement.
It really pays to buy certain Brand names for memory.

Hughhefner said:
The amazing thing to me is that they did NOT ask for a receipt, just when and where I purchased the ram. QUOTE]

Anything with a "Lifetime Warranty" usually doesn't require a reciept :).

But ya, it's cool when a company goes above and beyond to satisfy a customer which in your case OCZ sure did and I sure applaud them for it. It's so common these days for hightech companies always trying avoid responsibility and blatantly brushing you off in a condescending way.

Last edited:
I had an issue with a stick of Mushkin Blk Level II and they did not honor the warranty without a receipt. So thats one up for OCZ.

I also had a stick of BH-5 from Buffalo Tech go bad after 1 year at only 2.9V and they warranteed it without a receipt.

Back