• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin 222 Special Wont Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
apu318 said:
I have my ram at 2.8V on its normal timings (2-2-2-5) @ DDR400 but no matter how high i raise the voltage, i cant even increasy my fsb by 5mhz. simple as that.. any ideas?

how high of Vdimm have you tried,

and if you could, some system specs..

CPU
MoBo
Ram
Bios setup
Bios Version
PSU

-Jess-

apu318 said:
I have my ram at 2.8V on its normal timings (2-2-2-5) @ DDR400 but no matter how high i raise the voltage, i cant even increasy my fsb by 5mhz. simple as that.. any ideas?

Ya some specs would help alittle if its not stable at stock and 2.8v i would say it might be defective or something call mushkin they have great tech support and rma's :)

I have the same memory on the p4 system in my sig. My mb will only vdimm to 2.8. To give you a comparison, at 2.8, it will pass memtest and prime95 only at 204 (2.2.2.6). Relaxed timings will keep it relatively stable up to 208.

Still it's good ram. For p4 systems, low latency at 5:4 divider equals same performance as higher latency at 1:1 divider.

rayik said:
I have the same memory on the p4 system in my sig. My mb will only vdimm to 2.8. To give you a comparison, at 2.8, it will pass memtest and prime95 only at 204 (2.2.2.6). Relaxed timings will keep it relatively stable up to 208.

Still it's good ram. For p4 systems, low latency at 5:4 divider equals same performance as higher latency at 1:1 divider.

not in my experience, when I went High latency at 1-1 I went from 5400 to 6000+ in sandra as compared to LL at 5/4....

theELVISCERATOR said:
not in my experience, when I went High latency at 1-1 I went from 5400 to 6000+ in sandra as compared to LL at 5/4....

I should have been more specific. I was comparing what I run - 254. There were a number of posts on that issue. I think it was batboy who posted that you needed to go over 250 to get any real benefit from 1:1 as to 5:4. (I think you had to approach 260 to get real world benefits.)

** edit

Just read your sig. Looks like you are running about the same as me. Did you find a real world benefit with 1:1 (your sig notes 2.5,4,4,8) as compred to 5:4 (2.2.2.6)?

Back