• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A very strange, strange question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Probably decent thermal capacity but viscosity will suck so your flow rates will suffer. Also it will congeal over time so temps will only get worse.

SavageBasher, you have a sick sick mind....

:D

anywho, id use beer over blood :D

maybe even vodka...

whoops bad day, eh lets just attach a funnel to the T line and unhook the cpu block. BEER BONG WOOT

There is a chemical additive that prevents blood from clotting/congealing, I'm not sure what it is though. Call up the red cross and ask.

I remember some thread a while ago about this sort of thing.

Started with using pi*ss as coolant... and some guy actually dd put a few drops into his loop... Nothing really changed in his loop it seems.
Another guy suggested beer. Now there's a legitimate reason for using a res. Drink out of it when ur feeling thirsty. Then there's a legitimate reason other than better cooling for getting a water chiller, errr... beer chiller.

There is a chemical additive that prevents blood from clotting/congealing, I'm not sure what it is though. Call up the red cross and ask.

There are many anti-coagulants: Heparin and warfarin, a derivative of coumarin, are a few. Mostly used by people to prevent stokes and such.

Of course you're going to have a hard time getting any blood unless you harvest your own. I'm not certain if they (government) would classify blood as a potential biohazard when used for non-medical activities.

Not to mention tube staining, the smell, potential animal/insect attraction, bacterial growth, and the viscoelastic nature of the fluid requiring a possible rethink on pump/flow plans.

Though the pretty standard PH of 7.4 (in the body) would be acceptable, I doubt it would stay that way for long.

Anti-coagulant wouldn't work, in less than 5 minutes the red blood cells would all be smashed by the pump or crushed in the heatercore, and sieze up to a solid...Our blood stream doesn't move near as fast as a waterpump, and our veins aren't solid brass/copper.
On the other hand, a one quart, three foot long scab might well be a record... :eh?:

And NovaShine, Do Not bypass the swear filter. It is there to protect both young viewers and forums ownership, and a mod may well give you a rash for doing that (hint> edit <hint).

Geek: yea hi, um...i need some blood
RedCross: ok sir, well what type are u
Geek: Doesnt matter
RedCross: Oh, universal receiver huh? What is your name
Geek: Its not for me, its for my computer.

That would be a VERY funny prank call i can only imagine to what it would escalate into...i think thatd be a geek only prank call lol

One of the cray supercomputers used blood plasma as a coolant, or an artificial derivative of it. It was nicknamed "bubbles" as the whole shebang was dumped in the coolant without pumps, the heatsinks on the CPU's bubbling away behind windows in the tank. I think the reason behind using it was that the plasma was non-conductive.
Nothing new under the sun eh?...

Back