• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dismantling the L20

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ctty

Anyone can give me a step to step guide on how to dismantle the Hydro L20. I have searched the forums and there are no guides as to how to dismantle the Hydro L20 further after removing the blue ring to get at the impellor. In my case, the impellor is lose and causing a lot of noise.

I couldnt find a guide for you after a lot of google searching, my only suggestion is, if it isnt very old you should be able to rma it if its making lots of noise...as chances are it may be faulty

Well I have tried googling too to no avail, thx for the effort. But rmaing it is out of the question cause I would have to wait at least 3 weeks for it to come back and the shipping cost is not too cheap either.

umm, you just take off the blue ring and then pull on the inlet barb and the thing comes open, unless it's glued shut...which it isnt when stock...
btw- it's "Hydor" not "Hydro"

Well, I pulled on the inlet barb but it seems to be very tightly held.

Okay, pics in order here-

Attachments

• L20 T1.jpg
    L20 T1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 211
  • L20 T2.jpg
    L20 T2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 220
  • L20 T3.jpg
    L20 T3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 199
  • L20 T4.jpg
    L20 T4.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 206
Thank you very much Aphex_Tom_9, I will go try now. My L20 looks different as I am using push fittings. Wonder if I can still pull it out the same way?

this is beside the point, but ive found that those stock barbs with the screw element are leak-prone, i suggest replacing them with brass or plastic barbs found for cents at home depot, a full barb is much preferable

Back