• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another question....dual Rads?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bugsmasher

I currently have an '86 Chevette Heater Core in my cooling loop and a '77 Bonneville Heater Core which is out of the loop. Would it add too much restriction to my system to use both? I am using a Hydor L35 pump and an RBX waterblock (which benefits from higher flow quite a bit).

Being fairly new to WCing I really dont know just how restrictive heater cores really are. Would if be of benefit to add the '77 HC to the loop?

I would just use the bonneville and not the chevette... it should do a great job on it's own. With that pump, it doesnt make much sense IMO to use both, just use the bigger one.

Yeah. I was afraid that would be the suggestion.

WCing setup

The main problem being I currently have a Chenming 601B (like the Chieftec Dragon style) case and with the size of my vid card...space is sorta tight. Front mounting would require me removing my floppy/usb hub and rear mounting just isnt possible.

I will keep playing with it to see how I can make it happen however. I know the '77 should be a much better performer.

Bugsmasher said:
Yeah. I was afraid that would be the suggestion.

WCing setup

The main problem being I currently have a Chenming 601B (like the Chieftec Dragon style) case and with the size of my vid card...space is sorta tight. Front mounting would require me removing my floppy/usb hub and rear mounting just isnt possible.

I will keep playing with it to see how I can make it happen however. I know the '77 should be a much better performer.
If you had another chevette core, then yes that would be a nice solution, but even still, the bonneville would be the best bet IMO, and you already have it :D

boneville's are great, but they are hella big, and it can get cramped esp in cases such as yours... That's why I have two diff single 120s (one chevette and one bix)... One goes on top and the other stays on the bottom front, so restriction is added here and there but its worth it for me since i have a middy...

im working in a small mid tower and ripeed out all the lower 3.5 drive rack for a single 120! You could easily manage.

Yep, already removed the lower 3.5 bay rack for some space for my pump. I know a single 120m rad would fit in there fine unfortunately due to the length of my dual fan/shroud radiator assembly (which I am rather partial to ;) it leaves little or no space for the pump without interfereing with the video card.

My real problem is to get the larger '77 core into the case which is what I would prefer to do.

*scratches head*

Might have to switch back to my good old full tower case if I can find it in the Basement of Computer Chunk Discards. I know everything would fit in that but after all the modding to my Chenming....

I am currently working on a project that uses 2 rads in my system. I bought a full tower case and everything. I'll make a thread about it when I get farther around.

Bugsmasher said:
Yep, already removed the lower 3.5 bay rack for some space for my pump. I know a single 120m rad would fit in there fine unfortunately due to the length of my dual fan/shroud radiator assembly (which I am rather partial to ;) it leaves little or no space for the pump without interfereing with the video card.

My real problem is to get the larger '77 core into the case which is what I would prefer to do.

*scratches head*

Might have to switch back to my good old full tower case if I can find it in the Basement of Computer Chunk Discards. I know everything would fit in that but after all the modding to my Chenming....

I set my pum,p right against the pci cards and thewn threw a 12gauge pciece of steel in between them.

Back