• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

waterblock compatability question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Novex

Registered
im trying to get into watercooling but im having trouble finding a waterblock that is flexible enough for me. I want to upgrade my cooling to get higher clocks on my socket A CPU and GPU so i wont have to upgrade for a while, but when i am ready to get the new hardware, i want the cooling to stay the same.

basically im looking for a WB that is compatible with 462/A64/P4. i dont want to replace the WB when i upgrade and also dont want to be CPU restricted.

Ive looked at the MCW6002A which has a stepped base. this seems to be compatable with 462/P4 (with the right braces) but not A64. Can anyone explain to me why?

If someone could also explain why the PolarFlo TT (universal wb) is not compatible with socket A either.

any suggestions?

note, i have motherboard mounting holes if that helps.

buy cather's G4 block... it comes with all the parts, i think, you need to make it compatible with any socket

Back