• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GSkill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like good stuff to me! Just lower your mult to 8x and away you go buddy! Let me know, cuz i have the DFI on the way .......

Gskill

I would take a look over at xtremesystems.org There are alot of post regarding this memory over there.

musk

from everything I have read these are great. But the choice remains open between the the 3.

When it comes to TCCD sticks I would shop for price. You basically have the same chance of getting a good overclock in which ever brand you buy. So go for the cheapest stuff unless you must have a certain brand name.

I have a gig of Gskill pc4400. But it didnt' do very good in my 'craptacular" VIA chipset mobo. The best stable I could do was 250fsb with the stock timings of 2.5-3-3-8. I am convinced its the VIA chipset, VIA doesn't mix well with TCCD mem and it's not a good oc're. I am going to rebuild my rig this weekend with a new MSI K8n Neo2 Plat, which I have been told loves TCCD.

Here is a shot of my Gskill at 250fsb on my cruddy Asus A8V....

Attachments

• gskill 250fsb.JPG
    gskill 250fsb.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 77
As stated, go with the cheapest. Whether you buy any brand, you have a rounghly even chance of the same overclocking range. You also have the same chance to get a "bad" stick that can't even do rated specs. If that happens just RMA it back for not doing what it's advertised to do.

Back