• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pqi 2-2-2-5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mleeber

Registered
What speeds at voltages are you guys getting out of these chips? I am currently running 2x512 PC3200 at 210.5 (421 FSB) and Prime95 gives me an error at 2-2-2-5 on an Asus A7N8X-E.

I am still testing mine out. I have not tested with 2-2-2-5 timings, but I have tested at 285mhz with 2.5-3-3-10 timings and 2.8v. That was just fooling around, so I am not sure if it Prime stable. However at 260mhz with 2.5-3-3-10 1T timings and 2.7v it is Prime stable and memtest error free. This is with 2x512MB modules. Pretty impressed so far for only $240.

at 2-2-2-5 I only get up to 208 I believe

When I loosen them up I get MUCH MUCH higher. I backed it off becuase of my CPU having a ****ty TT Venus 12 h/f. I can get up to 245 at 2.5-3-3-10 with no problems. I don't know the limits since I don't want to go up that high with my setup right now.

Great Info guys! I am struggling at 2.7V and 2-2-2-5. Prime failed on the first test; I ran it again and it failed on the 2nd. I Downloaded memtest86 and ran it all night with about 7 errors so I just upped the timings to 3-3-3-6. Which variable should I increase first when playing with these variables? I am also going to try and push past 210.5 but I have an Adaptec SCSI card which may be limiting me. Currently I have the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe, a Mobile 2600, 1gb PQI 2-2-2-5, ATI AIW 9800 Pro, and an Adaptec AHA2940UW. I am using the Volcano 7+ to cool the cpu but I am probably running a bit warmer than most of you guys. Typically I am at 46C with peaks to 50C. The Volcano is loud so I am going to do something but not sure what.....

Any thoughts on maximizing this setup would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

There's a HUGE discussion thread already devoted to the subject of these PQI sticks. I REALLY suggest reading through that already guys. Basically, these sticks are awsome if you know what to do with them. Now, the 2-2-2 timings are ONL good for around 208-218 FSB. After that you'll error out. But you can do 2.5-3-3 to something like 280 fsb afterward with only 2.9 volts on most of these sticks. Really, please read that discussion.

I'll post the link here. Just click this spot.

Doc,
I read the first 3 pages of that thread before posting here. Not sure about the other 30 page that seemed to be on that thread but most of it was stuff like "yeah just ordered mine" or discussions of whose chips were on the sticks. You will notice this thread is about specific performance of the PQI stuff in similar applications to mine. Thanks for the suggestion but I don't really care about PC4400 RAM or how many people ordered PQI from NewEgg in the last 3 months....

Agreed, this is much esasier to go through than 1000+ posts, half of them or more off topic....

Well, everything you asked for HAS been discussed there. If you don't want to read about people ordering, notice the dates on the posts and use those to skip ahead. I did and found exactly the information you are looking for.

Back